Does the Public Feel Progress?

I took a look at Pollingreport.com today and found an suprising poll that shows the public "might" be seeing some progress in Iraq. Now this is coming from Pew Research, not a Republican based poll. In fact, it has Bush's approval numbers barely at 30% (4 points lower than the average). Here's what I saw.


Now I'll be hounest, if someone asked me how that poll would turn out before it was taken, I would have been more likely to have said it would drop instead of increase. I have thought for a while that the surge has helped Iraq. Not saved, mind you, but it should be fair to say that it has been very beneficial to the progress in Iraq. Maybe the public is finally starting to believe that a stable Iraq is possible. This is a man that really hopes so.

0 comments: