Obama's Mistake

Barack Obama took a lot of heat for his selection of Rev. Rick Warren to say the invocation at his inauguration. Warren is of couse loathed (yes, maybe even Hated) by Gay Rights groups for his strong support of the gay marriage ban in California.

So what is his response? He tags a gay bishop by the name of Gene Robinson to say prayer on this special day. It is no secret that I am opposed to gay marriage and fine with any person that decides that they WANT to be gay (and yes, I mean WANT to be GAY), however this decision is poor and may be a prelude to his actions in the future.

So you want to piss the religious right off huh? Your starting to do a good job. Aside from a strong rise in Democratic voters this turn around, you can attribute a large part of your success to a lack Christian enthusiasm, not to mention Republican voters in general. I realize that in four years people will seldom remember this event, but continue this and you are setting yourself up for a backlash.

Gene Robinson has more problems than just being gay. In fact, he has the pleasure of splitting an entire fact of the Episcopal Church. He also was married, had two kids, and later divorced because of his homosexuality. He would later be accused of impropriety. These allegations would later prove to have little merit if any at all, however in 2006 he entered rehab for alcohol. abuse.

I believe that you should never judge a man's character. I have had my struggles in life, mistakes, and regrets. I will never suggest that a man be judged for the mistakes he has made, as long as he professes them to be wrong the God Almighty. He is the judge. However, a person's actions show actions show the person you are. I will not judge Robinson for his actions to which I am strongly opposed, however I have the right a Christian and American to believe that someone else should be doing it.

Here is my biggest problem with him. He has decided that he will not read from the Bible because "not everyone believes that way." Interesting, because not everyone believe you should be gay, you do it anyway because that is what you believe in. As a bishop, it seems to me that he abandons his "sacred" beliefs in the Bible for the same reason he has fought to be gay. It looks as if he has a double-standard on his own beliefs.

I mean when it comes to the Bible, it is objective of all Christians to spread the belief of Jesus Christ. I will ignore the passages against homosexuality, but as bishop he is not only obligated to spread the message of Christ, it was the reason he was created. The disciples spread the news of Jesus Christ to people who did not believe what did (that is the way people learn of Jesus right?). They along with Paul risked death to spread the word of God, yet a bishop will not because of political reasons?

From my standpoint, that is why I do not like the idea of him being the representation of the Christian faith. Its bad judgement.

For Obama, who took this guy for political reasons, you are setting yourself up to appease people. That should not be your objective. It appears you are trying to save Hollywood status and wonderful articles from People Magazine, but hey, I would much rather you be a good president than popular, world united, celebrity.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya i'm for the primary time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I'm hoping tο proviԁe somethіng
again and help othеrѕ like уοu helped me.



Μy blog post :: used bucket truck sales
Visit my blog post : utility bucket trucks